Getting A Hold Box
Two Types of Hold Boxes:
- In-Store: You come to us to get your books every week
- Online: We mail your hold box books to you
Hold Box Benefits: discount off all new comics, trade paperbacks and most pre-order items. Discounts start the first week you pick-up!
Subscribe to 5-9 monthly titles and get a 10% discount.
Subscribe to 10 or more monthly titles and get 20%!
Here are the 3 requirements to getting a Hold Box:
- Subscribe to at least 5 MONTHLY TITLES. You may add and subtract as many titles from this list whenever you'd like to make a change. Miniseries and one-shot may be also be added, as long as there are a minimum of 5 monthly books in your selection.
- A $20 deposit. If WE cancel your box at any time, we keep your deposit. If YOU cancel your box and there are no debts remaining, then you get that deposit back!
- Empty out your hold box at least once per month. We suggest at least every 2 weeks, but we know schedules can get busy. New books come out every Wednesday, so every week you should have something in your box to look forward to!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE FOR HOLD BOX MEMBERS:
- WE DO NOT CONTACT YOU TO REMIND YOU TO PICK UP YOUR BOX. We deal with adults and expect boxes to picked up accordingly without reminders.
- Please, pick up your books on a regular basis. In Store Boxes we suggest every 1-2 weeks, as new comics come out EVERY Wednesday. Online Boxes have up to 4 weeks so that you can better maximize shipping costs. Comics will be held 28 days (4 weeks) between pick-ups. If you are running behind, CONTACT US and we can make arrangements that work for both sides. We are always willing to work with you, but you have to let us know before it gets to be too late.
- If you put a book back out on the shelf from your box without buying it because you do not want it anymore, without canceling that title, your box may be cancelled and you will lose your deposit. We buy the books you have asked us to order and we give you the discount in exchange for accurate order information.
- If you have not been in to get your box in 3 weeks and want to cancel a book we have held for 3 weeks, we do ask that you buy that last issue. If you are cancelling a book the week it came out, we have no problem unless it becomes a habit.
- All books sent through the Online Hold Box Service come bagged and boarded to help protect your books during shipping. Online Hold Box members do pay for their own shipping. We can mail using USPS Media Mail, so shipping tends to be about $3-4 per order. It is up to you on how frequent your books are shipped. We understand if you want to maximize your shipping costs and wait for a full month’s worth of books. Or if you can’t wait and want them weekly or every other week. But it’s up to you when you are ready to invoice and ship.
If at any time you are under 5 titles a month, we will ask you to add more books to you pull list. If you do not, your service may be stopped.
Stay in the know of what is coming out this week by signing up for our New Release email blast on the front page. A full list of what single issue comics we are getting is delivered every Monday.